Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda
Psoriasis is upper skin disorder, which causes scaly and coarsen skin, accompanied by redness and itchiness. Psoriasis is measured as a disparity of Vata and Kapha doshas, unbalanced food habits, consumption of foods that cannot be eaten together (E.g. milk products with fish), and extreme intake of some items like black gram, seafood, salted items, and tobacco are a few things responsible for causing this disease.
Causes of Psoriasis Cure
It’s a hereditary disease and if one parent is suffered from this disease then there is fifteen percent chance of this disease. But there are other reasons as well, which are
- Deep skin trauma due to cuts, bruises and skin irritants
- Smoking and drinking
- Mental stress
Home Remedies for Psoriasis
- Eat curd or drink buttermilk to improve the digestion which is directly related to the occurrence of disease.
- Avoid using chemicals and thus herbal moisturizing gel or creams on skin especially made for Psoriasis.
- Garlic is a blood purifier and so by eating a few cloves every morning on an empty stomach will filter the toxins from the blood and protect against psoriasis.
- Mix one teaspoon of lime juice in half cup of freshly extracted bitter gourd juice and drink on empty stomach helps in treating the disorder.
- Oatmeal bath relieve itchiness. Mix oatmeal in your bathtub and soak your body for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with plain water and apply Olive Oil for soothing effect.
- Vitamin E, Cod liver oil, linseed oil, zinc and lecithin application subsides the itching and aids in the healing process.
- Pumpkin and bitter gourd are effective in curing psoriasis, so include them in your diet.
- Applying avocado oil on the effected parts reduces itchiness and heals the skin quickly.
Ayurvedic medicines for Psoriasis Cure
Guggul is an Ayurvedic herb extracted from a resin of a tree that grows in northwestern India. It has lipid-lowering actions, is anti-inflammatory, and helps to remove fat and extra fluids from the body tissues. Consuming one teaspoon of guggul powder daily with lukewarm water is an effective herbal treatment for psoriasis.
You should avoid taking excessive amounts of spicy, sour, salty, or acidic foods as they aggravate the skin condition, and consuming fresh fruits and vegetables will help the skin cells to heal quickly after the attack and keep the disorder at bay for longer.