Helpful Tips on Ayurvedic Treatment for Obesity
Obesity is the physical condition of excess fat deposits under the skin and around the organs in the body. Overweight not only tarnish the physique buy also causes life-threatening ailments like, high blood pressure, coronary diseases, diabetes, arthritis and gout. In short, obesity is mother of all diseases and can create various complications in body. Therefore, to remain disease-free the first step is towards maintaining healthy body weight with exercise and practicing home remedies for obesity.
Both being obese and overweight increase the risk of a range of diseases that can have a significant health impact on individuals. The risks increase with the increase in the body mass index (BMI). To treat obesity minus the side effects, ayurvedic treatment for obesity is a viable solution. Ayurveda insists your weight should be in accordance with your age and height, and the treatment depends on the level of imbalance of doshas in your body.
Obesity Treatment in Ayurveda
- For losing weight, Ayurveda herbs like dried ginger, asafetida, citraka, cumin, black salt, and black pepper are used. You can mix equal portions of these ingredients in powder form and consume 2 grams with buttermilk daily. This quick action remedy will improve digestion and boost metabolism to cut down the extra flab.
- Mix equal portions of haritaki, bibhitaki, triphala and amlaki powder and consume a quarter tablespoon of this mixture with lukewarm water to keep weight under control. This remedy prevents constipation and aids in regular bowl movements.
- Consuming Navaka Guggulu tablets (2) or powder (1 teaspoon) with warm water helps to fight obesity and treats ulcers too.
Home Remedy For Obesity
- Mix 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water. Drink this mixture daily in the morning on an empty stomach. It is a simple and highly effective way to improve your metabolic rate and cut down fat.
- Ginger, the commonly available herb is an effective obesity Ayurvedic treatment. You can chew ½ or 1-inch piece of fresh ginger daily before meals. You can even consume ginger tea after meals, daily. Simply crush fresh ginger and mix it in a cup of water, and bring this mixture to a boil. For sweetening add honey and consume.
- Chew 8-10 curry leaves on an empty stomach daily in the morning. Follow this home remedy for obesity for at least 3 months to shed weight.