The thyroid gland is present on the frontal part of the neck below the thyroid cartilage. The gland produces thyroid hormones, which regulates the metabolic rate (how fast calories are consumed to produce energy). Thyroid problems are common in women than in men. Several health issues may arise due to over or under secretion of Thyroid hormone.
Without stuffing your body with chemical based hormone medicines to control it, it is better to try Ayurvedic medicines for thyroid. Natural home treatment for thyroid has no side effects and can help control it with greater efficiency. Hypothyroidism is the under secretion of the hormone, while hyperthyroidism is over-secretion of thyroxin. Both are not desired.
Effective Home Remedies for Curing Thyroid Problems
If you are looking for Indian home remedies for thyroid problems you are at the right place. Some of the most trusted Ayurvedic treatment for thyroid can be tried as follow-:
- Kanchanara – (Bauhinia veriegata or purple mountain ebony) is specific Ayurvedic herbs for curing the malfunction of thyroid. Jatamansi, Brahmi, guggulu (commiphora mukul) and shilajita. Gokshura, Punarnava are useful herbs. Having this ayurvedic medicine for thyroid in any form can be good to cure thyroid at home.
- A fine paste made of the vegetable jalakumbhi (Pistia straticies) applied over the thyroid part helps in reducing the swelling. The juice obtained from the jalakumbhi should be given in doses 22 gm a day.
- Coconut water and coconut oil are good for people with hypothyroidism complaint.
- Indian Home remedies for thyroid and hyperthyroidism problem suggest Practicing Yoga (like Sarvangasana and Halasana) and doing Pranayam is highly recommended. Surya Namskara, Pavamuktasana with emphasis on the head and neck exercises, yoga mudra, Suptavajrasana and all backward bending exercises are very helpful. Ujjayi pranayam is specifically important.
- Triphala is one of the best home remedies for thyroid. Triphala +Brahmi + Amla support good functioning of thyroid. Amla juice can be considered good home made medicine for hypothyroidism
- Mix equal quantities of long pepper (Pipali), black pepper (kali mirch) and dry ginger powder (soth). Consume half teaspoon twice a day with lukewarm water for curing Hypothyroidism.
- Mulethi (licorice) 2 parts + 1 part black pepper daily chew 3 times a day. It is one of the best Indian home remedies for hypothyroidism.
- Kamdudha ras and Praval bhasma can be taken to improve the heat tolerance. Kharjur manth and Lohasav, Makardhwaj Ayurvedic medicines for thyroid are meant to reduce physical fatigue. Triphala or Kutaj-Parpati to increase bowel movement; Brahmi, Jatamashi and Sarpagandha are used to prevent nervousness and agitation found in hyperthyroidism. All these are popular Ayurvedic medicines that can be collected from Ayurvedic outlets. Dosage is prescribed on the bottle.
- Thyroid Treatment at home advises Fish, pulses, chicken, turkey, eggs, yellow fruits like papaya, cauliflower, broccoli, milk and dairy products are ayurvedic remedies for thyroid and it should be included in the diet of hyperthyroid patients.