Hemorrhoids are vascular structures present in the anal canal. In their normal state, they are like cushions that help control the stools. They become pathological when they get swollen or inflamed. At this situation the condition is technically known as hemorrhoidal disease or piles. Painless rectal bleeding or pain and swelling in the anus are its symptoms.
Generally people having complaints of constipation, are often the victims of this medical condition. Obesity, prolonged sitting, pregnancy, pelvic floor dysfunction may also contribute to piles. When the seriousness of the medical situation gets out of hand then, only surgical method of treatment can help getting relief. However, opting for surgery at the very beginning is not a good idea, and other treatment methods like the Ayurvedic treatment for piles should be availed.
Ayurvedic treatment for piles
There are many people with piles who after getting disappointed from several complicated medicines, have turned their attention to Ayurvedic treatment for piles. Some of the simple and easy Piles treatment at home is listed below for your relief.
- Boil ripe bananas and consume them twice a day. They are known to be very good laxative and can help deal with piles, effectively.
- Lassi or Butter milk made from a mix of sour curd, a few drops of lime juice and rock salt can be consumed for easier stools movement. Alternatively, take 3 scoops of sour curd in 1 glass of water, add lemon juice and rock salt. Stir well and drink. 1 glass of buttermilk a day both for adults and kids does wonders for digestion and bowls movements.
- Radish juice from 1/4th to ½ a cup daily helps.
- Juice of turnip leaves ½ cup is also very good to do piles Ayurvedic treatment.
- Juice of Bitter Gourd (karela) leaves if taken daily half cup can be good for curing piles. Kids should take for 3 days successively and give rest for two days.
- Triphala can be one of the best Ayurvedic medicines for piles as it helps passing stools smoothly. Triphala powder has to be taken 2 teaspoon along with plain water after meals at night. Children are recommended to take 1 teaspoon only. Give a gap of two days in a week.
- Apply baking soda or warm olive oil with a ball of cotton wool on the swollen vein to get relief from swelling and pain.
- Juice of tamarind flowers, flowers of Neem are known to treat piles. Blackberries are very good if taken regularly.