Often in the old age, people experience a sharp sensation in their knees. This could be due to various reasons, such as, arthritis, injury to knee in childhood, regular wear and tear of the cartilage tissues in the knee, a nerve twitched between the knee joints, or perhaps a muscular pull around the knee or in the feet. The shooting pain often prevents the patient from physical activities and movements.
The symptoms of knee pain include swelling, feeling of stiffness and constant ache in and around the knee. Strenuous exercises or activities also cause knee pain. In addition to external application of balm or pain relieving gel for momentary relief, Ayurvedic treatment for knee pain can be availed for long-lasting and permanent relief.
Time Tested Home Remedies for Knee Pain
Listed below are effective knee pain home remedies to be practiced at home for guaranteed relief.
- Hot coconut oil message is highly effective in treating the knee pain at home. Warm ½ cup of coconut oil and massage it on the knee and surrounding portion for 10 to 15 minutes. Sesame oil message is equally an effective natural treatment. Oil massage is a best ayurvedic treatment for knee pain.
- Drinking Bathu juice about 15 gram everyday on an empty stomach will help you reduce the ache. Simply crush bathu leaves and extract its juice for consumption. This is a good ayurvedic treatment for knee pain.
- Methi dana or Fenugreek seed is a proven Ayurvedic medicine for knee pain. Consume 1 teaspoon powder everyday on empty stomach with lukewarm water. Children can take ½ to 1 teaspoon. You can also make a paste of fenugreek seeds and apply it warm on the knee. Keep it for some time and then wash it off.
- Take a pan and put it on flame. Pour salt or sand if available. Heat it up. When it becomes very hot then pour the hot sand or salt in a cloth. Then make a pouch like bag shaped structure “Potli” with the help of the cloth. Dab the potli on the knee and affected parts. Do not burn your skin by keeping it tightly pressed onto to the skin. Dab it and then release it as per your toleration level. It is a highly efficient knee pain treatment in Ayurveda.
- Orally consume an equal mixture of Soth (dried ginger powder), Turmeric and Fenugreek seeds (methi) is best ayurvedic medicine for knee pain. One teaspoon of this mixture consumed daily gives good results.
- Do not encourage sitting all the time. Walking and doing light exercise is greatly helpful. Rotate your knee in clockwise and anticlockwise directions 5 times each daily twice. This exercise is a good ayurvedic treatment for knee joint pain.
Above ayurvedic treatment for knee pain and swelling can surely help to reduce the pain. One can perform the treatment simultaneously while taking regular medicine but don’t forget to consult with your doctors before starting anything. A wrong step may lead to more pain.