The elevated condition of the pressure of the blood in the arteries is termed as High Blood Pressure or Hypertension. This medical abnormality is caused by obesity, excessive mental tension and stress, too much intake of alcohol and contraceptive pills, and lifestyle abnormalities too can be blamed for this disease in humans. Tablets prescribed by doctors have to be taken regularly no doubt, but if, Ayurvedic medicine for high blood pressure can be taken along then, better health benefits can be expected.
The allopathic treatments in the form of tablets generally weaken an individual and also deteriorate general health condition which can be controlled to an impressive extent by some of the approved and best followed home remedies for high blood pressure are discussed below for the benefit of the readers:
High Blood Pressure Home Remedies
- A common remedy for cold and cough can be very well suitable for controlling high blood pressure as well. Mixture of 1 teaspoon of honey and ginger each with a pinch of cinnamon can be a suitable home remedy for hypertension.
- Grind some dry roasted water melon seeds and boil it in 2 cups of water for about 15 minutes. Consume it twice daily.
- Consuming two to three cloves of garlic on an empty stomach or with meal can lower the high blood pressure. Also Indian Gooseberry juice (amla) along with honey is idle for keeping your blood pressure under check.
- Celery posses high levels of 3-N-butylphthalide that is a kind of photochemical that helps a lot in controlling and checking high blood pressure level. Mint leaves can be chewed or its juice can be extracted and consume as it helps regulating blood pressure. Similarly, lemon, potatoes, carrot, spinach, broccoli, bananas, grapes, oranges and apricots etc all these should be included in the dietary plan in required proportion as these all are known for their useful contribution to help controlling high blood pressure. <i>Ayurvedic treatment for high blood pressure</i> cannot give satisfactory results if such vegetables and fruits are not included in the meal on regular basis in small amounts.
- Cutting down on usage of salt in food has to be ensured. Oily food and salty food are poison to such patients. Regular exercise like brisk walking for 20-30 minutes can be beneficial Ayurvedic treatment of high blood pressure.
- Trifala and Arjun herbs are good in this situation. Drink 2-3 liters of water daily at regular intervals.