A dry cough is a certain kind of cough which is not accompanied by any mucus. It generally is caused due to irritation or inflammation in the chest and or throat. It happens because of flu viruses, common cold, pollutants in atmosphere, side effects of medication, and also nervous issues and stressful situations can also cause dry cough.
Home remedy for dry cough can be best as costly and high power medicines will unnecessarily disturb our general health condition. Further dry cough home remedy can be avail of in plenty and the ingredients required to prepare Ayurvedic medicine for dry cough are not tough to get access to.
Some of the highly efficient home remedies for dry cough are listed below for the benefit of the readers-:
Ayurvedic Home Remedy for Dry Cough
- Chewing tulsi leaves along with honey can be very effective in soothing the dry cough. Tulsi is known for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. Honey is equally soothing and helpful in easing the lining of the tissues at the back of the throat.
- Mullein and marshmallows can be effective if dry cough is causing deeper from the chest.
- Gargling with salt or commonly called saline water is one of the time-tested home remedies for dry cough. Mix 1 teaspoon of salt with 1 cup of warm water and stir it till it completely gets dissolved. Pour it a bit inside your mouth, gargle for 10-15 seconds and spit it. Repeat and continue like this until all the water in the cup gets used up. Then rinse with plain water. Children can also adapt this ayurvedic treatment for dry cough it but do not let them swallow.
- Sipping warm licorice root tea twice daily can be very helpful as it has the capability to ease out any sort of inflammation that can irritate the throat. Take 2 teaspoon of dried licorice tea root and mix it with boiled water (1 cup). It is like making tea only. Individuals with kidney issues and are on steroids, should avoid it.
- Dry cough syrup bought from shops will make you feel drowsy. Prepare your own Ginger Peppermint syrup as it is an effective Ayurvedic treatment for dry cough. Put chopped ginger and peppermint leaves or dried ones in to 4 cups of water and keep boiling till it is reduced by half. Then lower the flame and add 1 cup of honey and keep stirring till it becomes syrup like fluid. Refrigerate it for 3 weeks minimum.This homemade ayurvedic medicine for dry cough is very effective.