A cough is a sudden and often continuously occurring reflex which aids to clear the large breathing passages from secretions, irritants, unwanted foreign particles and microbes (disease carrying germs). Sometimes this cough issue may irritate an individual a lot and to get rid of it only home remedies for cough can be most suitable. Relying on Ayurvedic medicine for cough is an intelligent idea.
Some of the most recommended and efficient Ayurvedic treatment for cough available is discusses below along with the methods of preparing them at ease at home.
- Take a few leaves of clean Tulsi leaves, chopped ginger (fresh or dried), black peppers, two cloves etc and keep boiling it for quite some time. When the color of the water gets darker turned off the flame and add some honey to it. 1-2 teaspoon of honey needs to be added and stir it properly. Sip it slowly. This is one of the best natural remedies for cough and cold available.
- Inhaling Steam is yet another thing that can be beneficial. Boil water and then pour it in a big-sized bowl. Add a few drops of Tea Tree oil or Eucalyptus oil and inhale the vapor with a cloth held over your head so that the steam cannot escape sideways. Open your mouth a bit and the vapor that gets automatically inside you through your mouth will provide great relief and can ease out your coughing situation to a great extent. This is an efficient home treatment for cough.
- Sipping lukewarm Thyme Tea can be hostile to your cough issue as flavonoids compounds found in Thyme leaves can relax tracheal and ileal muscles, which are involved in coughing, and also beneficial in reducing inflammation. Take 2 teaspoon of dried thyme into 1 cup of boiling water. It is like making tea only. Children can have it I small cup.
- Chewing only Tulsi leaves with some honey can ease out any coughing situation within shortest possible time.
- Boil 2-3 tablespoon of flax seeds in 1 cup of water till it gets concentrated and after straining it add 3 tablespoon each of honey and lemon. This syrup is one of the best Ayurvedic home remedies for cough.
- One of the best remedies for wet cough is sipping warm tea made of black pepper and honey. Add crushed black pepper into boiling water and let it be so for 15 minutes and then add honey.