Cold is a very commonly witnessed health issue in every home. When our inner resistance power gets somewhat weakened and the external germs prevailing in the environment around us overpower it, then we fall prey to cold and several such diseases. The common symptoms are coughing, sneezing, watering nose, headache in some cases, sore throat, feeling cold all the time and reluctance to eat anything. All these make the individual suffering from it very uncomfortable and physically unfit.
However, still this health complaint is not that serious and to swallow high power medicines containing loads of unwanted chemicals might not seem suitable every time. Home remedies for cold and Ayurvedic medicine for cold can be tried without any worries and fear of side effects. These health friendly medicinal options have been found to be quite effective in addressing to the health issues with greater efficiency and that also without harassing our internal delicate balance of health unnecessarily. There are innumerable and efficient Ayurvedic remedies for cold that can be tried easily at home. These cold home remedies are also very easy to apply, follow and ingredients are easily available.
Some of the cold home remedies are mentioned below that deserve special attention in this context-:
Natural Remedies for Cold
- Inhale steam to relax the heaviness you feel in your head all the time while suffering from cold. Further, inhaling steam also helps unblocking your stuffy noses and can be of immense help to make your breathe comfortably. It will be a very good idea to use a few drops of essential oils like Peppermint oil, Eucalyptus oil etc as these will provide better results. Boil a bowl of water and then put some oil and inhale the steam with a cloth held over your head and the bowl. This is a time-tested Ayurvedic treatment for cold.
- Boil water with salt and after cooling it to a lukewarm position, try to pour some saline water, thus made, inside your nostril using bulb syringe. It will be remedial to your nasal congestion issues.
- Intake plenty of fluid as then it will help your releasing toxins, prevent dehydration etc.
- Boil water along with a few slices of ginger, tulsi leaves, cloves and black pepper etc for quite some time and store this drink in a flask and try sipping from it regularly. This is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies for cold available.
- Take a steam bath or sponge bath. Stay warm under blanket and do not work for the time period.
These are a few of the Ayurvedic home remedies for cold available.