Hypertension or Blood Pressure is generally referred to as Killer Disease. It is a medical condition of elevated blood pressure in the arteries. If proper care for this medical condition is taken, the life-threatening danger can be easily avoided.
Medicine for blood pressure should be daily taken, and if approved Ayurvedic medicine for blood pressure can be taken alongside, then impressive results and encouraging health benefits can be easily seen. Normal blood pressure of a healthy adult individual is 120 mmHg systolic and 80 mmHg diastolic. Any sudden increase might cause serious health hazard. It has to be maintained at its normal reading only.
Home remedies for blood pressure are beneficial, but the medicines prescribed by your physician should not be avoided. Ayurvedic treatment for blood pressure can be simultaneously taken with the allopathic medicine. Some of the best Ayurvedic medicines for blood pressure are as follows:
Home Remedy for Blood Pressure
- Prepare a juice of 3-4 garlic cloves, 10-12 basil leaves and a small quantity of wheat grass. Have this juice once a day. Alternatively, take 2-3 peeled garlic buds with water on an empty stomach in the morning which is a known home remedy for hypertension.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of onion juice with an equal amount of honey. Take once a day for 1 week. If improvement can be noticed then continue for several more days. Onion juice helps cooling body naturally.
- Healthy lifestyle must be observed. Avoid eating non-vegetarian food as it contains bad fat that leads to high cholesterol levels, say no to alcohol and smoking, say no to salty food and consume minimum salt in food. Have Amla (Indian Gooseberry) juice, lemon, garlic, and skim milk, and cottage cheese, fruits with maximum water content like grapes, water melon and cucumber.
- Regular exercise and some yoga practices can be very good.
- 5 Indian Gooseberry juice with 1 teaspoon of honey daily. One can also consume flaxseeds two tablespoon daily during breakfast. Take nutmeg in warm milk. Ashwagandha is an Indian Ayurvedic herb which can also be effective in treating hypertension.
- Other effective Ayurvedic herbs include Sarpagandha (Rauwolfia serpentine), Arjuna and Gokshura. These age old herbs effectively control the high blood pressure.
Vegetables such as carrots, spinach and parsley play a crucial role in lowering and controlling blood pressure.