Back pain is an intense pain experienced in the lower portion of the back that originates from the stressed out muscles, nerves, bones or joints connecting the spine. It can suddenly emerge or can be chronic in nature. The sensation of pain extends to arms, hands, and legs too. Weakness and numbness are the other symptoms that may get prominent.
Back pain can involve neck pain, lower back pain, middle back pain and tailbone pain. Even though they are mostly self-limiting and non-progressive in nature, but some cases may mar the daily activities of the patient. However, with unique and simple home remedies for lower back pain available, you no longer have to be afraid of that sharp sensation in your back.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Back Pain
Ayurvedic medicine for back pain relief offer immediate and long-lasting relief with no side effects, unlike allopathic medicines. Ayurvedic medicines will take a little more time to completely uproot the problem, but is known to permanently resolve the pain complaint. The natural home remedies for back pain that the readers may find interesting are listed below-:
- Limit the number of times you like enjoying bed rest. Maintain a good posture as right amount of curvature in the back helps to ease the pressure off the nerves and hence reduces the chance of back pain.
- Taking Methi powder with water or lukewarm milk daily is a good ayurvedic treatment for back pain and it can provide relief from pain in the back.
- Endorphin is a hormone that helps soothing any kind of body pain, especially the back pain in a natural way. If more endorphin is naturally produced in body, better protection it offers against the throbbing back ache. Aerobic exercise, massage therapy, deep breathing and acupuncture can help release this hormone in good amounts.
- Dark chocolates also help releasing this hormone. Have dark chocolates sometimes as an ayurvedic medicine for back pain.
- Cut down your caffeine intake as not being able to sleep properly can escalate the back pain.
- Using ice cold treatment and hot towel treatment alternatively will help to tremendously ease the pain. Wrap ice cubes in a cloth and apply it on the area of pain. It will also help reduce the swelling. Then after 10 minutes, switch over to hot treatment. Dip a towel or cloth in hot water and wring it out, and fold it. Then apply it on the area. Keep it for some time. Repeat the process for several times until you feel light.
Above ayurvedic treatment for back pain are time tested remedies and helps to reduce the pain permanently. Further there are many ready-made back pain ayurvedic medicine available in the market. Remember to consult with your doctor before taking it.