Asthma is a chronic lung disease that inflames and narrows the airways. Asthma causes recurring periods of wheezing (a whistling sound when you breathe), chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. It has no permanent cure but effective steps can be taken to prevent it from getting worse. The cause of this disease is unknown till date. It is genetic and pollution can play a vital role in exaggerating the condition.
An asthma attack when the situation has already got worsened can be fatal in some acute cases. Generally, in serious cases patients are required to take inhaler which helps them breathing properly. People these days are getting attracted to Ayurvedic treatment for asthma due to its assured positive results. Asthma natural treatment also makes sure the patients stay strong and physically fit which otherwise not possible. The strong medicines taken generally weaken the physical condition which can be avoided if home remedies for asthma are followed along strong medicines.
Some of the best known and highly effective home treatment for asthma is listed below which the readers will find very useful.
Asthma Home Remedies
- Lime juice mixed with water if taken daily can boost immunity of the patient. Carrot and Spinach juice can also help, if taken regularly twice a day. 2/3 rd part of a medium sized glass will be carrot juice and 1/3 rd will be that of spinach.
- 8-9 cloves of garlic boiled in 1 cup of water if taken in lukewarm water daily is good for asthmatics.
- A concoction of a tea spoon full of raw honey, ginger powder and ground black pepper if swallowed daily can be good for asthmatics.
- Soup made from radish, honey and lemon juice is effective. Around 10 gram of this juice has to be consumed daily.
- Dried grapes or raisins soaked in water and then in cold milk consumed on an empty stomach will help defeating the effects of asthma. Boiled fenugreek juice along with a teaspoon of ginger juice is yet another effective Ayurvedic medicine for asthma. Herbal tea based on licorice root is extremely beneficial to asthma patients.
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry juice with honey is a soothing home remedies for asthma cough.
- Asthma patients should stay away from dust including carpets, toys and garments.
Practicing these few asthma home treatment will help asthmatics deal with this medical condition successfully.