Anxiety is an emotional problem and not a physiological ailment. It is a nervous state of mind that can be corrected with natural remedies and patience. A person diagnosed by Anxiety Disorder often experiences physical symptoms like sweating and heart palpitation, along with an unusual level of the mental stress. We all thrive on anxiety for leading a nutritious life; however, people ailing from anxiety disorders fail to lead a normal life. Worries and fears are a constant challenge in their life and can turn into a serious, mental ailment, if not properly treated from the first appearance of the symptoms.
Home remedies for anxiety offer immense relief from the situation, and has zero side effects, unlike regular, chemical based medication. Thus, if your are suffering from bouts of anxiety and want to treat it in a safe way without getting addicted to prescribed medication, then give a shot to Ayurvedic medicine for depression and anxiety.
Natural Home Remedies for Anxiety
Some effective Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety and depression are as follow-:
- Medicines made from a mixture of powdered Amla, Jatamunshi (Nardostachys Jatamnsi), Brahmi (Bacopa Monnier) and Shankh Pushpi can be taken daily. One tablet daily or twice a day is good ayurvedic medicine for anxiety and brings relief quickly.
- Brahmi, Amla (Indian gooseberry) and Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) powder or juice can be taken daily twice. Mix equal amounts of Amla and Brahmi and take 1 teaspoon daily. Alternatively, grind 25 gm Brahmi leaves and 2-3 Amla fruits into a paste. Extract the juice and take 1 teaspoon. This ayurvedic medicine will help to cure anxiety and stress if taken daily.
- Soak 8-10 almonds in water overnight. Next day peel the skin off. Crush them and add to the boiling milk. Boil for a while and then add 2 teaspoons of honey and a pinch of saffron. Drink 1 cup daily in lukewarm state. It is an effective ayurvedic medicine for anxiety.
- Drinking Chamomile tea is also recommended as an effective ayurvedic treatment for anxiety.
- For natural ayurvedic treatment for depression and anxiety, make Sandalwood (chandan) paste and apply it on the forehead. Let it dry and then wash it off. Do it daily in the morning or at night. Sandalwood oil when massaged on the forehead helps easing anxiety and is effective in minimizing depression. The cooling sensation of the Sandalwood and its aromatic and soothing scent help to relive the tired muscles.
- Herbal fumigation is yet another effective Ayurvedic treatment for depression and anxiety. Under this treatment the fumes of different herbs are inhaled. The practice of Shirodhara is highly recommended where herbal oils are poured slowly on the forehead from an earthen pot hung over the head.
With these useful and simple home remedies and ayurvedic medicine for depression and anxiety now you can lead a stress-free life. Along with the ayurvedic medicine for anxiety disorder keeping your mind fresh is also good to live stress free life. To keep your mind fresh try to develop a hobby and do it regularly. Listen your favorite music or play with children or get a daily evening walk.