Acidity or Hyperacidity suggests an increased level of acid in the stomach of a patient. Our stomach secretes Hydrochloric acid which helps in breaking down food to simpler particles for digestion. When this acid is secreted more than what is required, it gives rise to acidity. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, restlessness, sour belching, indigestion and constipation.
To fight this physical distress, take help from the available Ayurvedic treatment for acidity. Swallowing chemical based tablets for this may provide momentary relief but, inside the body the problem might get complicated. Therefore, trust acidity home remedies to ease the situation.
Ayurvedic medicine for acidity is readily available and some of the top Ayurvedic remedies for acidity can be prepared at home. A few that deserve special mention are as follow
Natural Remedies for Acidity
- Simple home remedies for acidity is to avoid carbonated and alcoholic beverages, so avoid them. Say no to processed, oily and spicy food for the time being at least. Also do not opt for completely spice less food as well. Chew a small piece of jaggery after lunch and dinner and repeat until acidity subsides.
- A dose of 100 to 500 ml of fresh coconut water should be taken twice daily that can help in controlling the acidity inside your stomach. This is best and trusted acidity ayurvedic treatment.
- 3 to 6 g of Amlaki powder or powder of Indian Gooseberry should be taken with100 to 250 ml water twice daily. Indian gooseberry is a sure home remedy for acidity, indigestion, constipation etc.
- Some of the natural remedies of acidity also include powder of Haritaki and Bhringraja (Eclipta alba) in equal quantity. A dose of 3 to 6 g should be taken with 12 g of jaggery and warm water twice a day. Drinking coriander (Coriandrum sativum) and cumin (Cuminum cyminum) tea can also use as ayurvedic medicines for acidity.
- Mint, Indian Gooseberry, Coriander and Licorice root are all known remedy for hyperacidity conditions and taking them in any form can be very effective.
- Cucumber, Bananas, Papaya and watermelon deserves special mention from fruits section to fight the evils of acidity. These products are easily available at home or in the market and cure acidity naturally.
- Ayurvedic remedies for acidity include medicines like Narikel lavann, Sukumara Ghrita ( 1-2 teaspoon of this with milk in the morning in empty stomach), Avipattikar churna (taken with water before meal). Such hyperacidity medicine need to take after proper consultation with your family doctors.
- Chewing 6-7 Tulsi leaves is good. Having a cup of cold milk helps too. Bite a clove a keep it in mouth and see how good it works.
Acidity can be a very serious problem sometime. To avoid acidity problem we should take precaution and start acidity treatment in ayurveda at the initial stage.