Some Of The Surprising Health Benefits Of Watermelon
Despite the popular belief that watermelon is made only of sugar and water, it is actually considered to be a nutrition enriched fruit. The refreshing quality and sweet taste are part of the watermelon benefits. There are five different varieties of watermelon. This flavored fruit can also be quite refreshing during the summers.
The Nutritional Breakdown of Watermelon:
One cup of watermelon contains 43 calories with 2 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate and 1 g of fiber.
In addition to that, the health benefits of watermelon will also include 17% of vitamin A, 21% of vitamin C, 1% of calcium and 2% of iron.
Apart from that, the fruit is also enriched with thiamin, potassium, copper, zinc, B6, folate and many other essential nutrients and minerals.
Top Health Benefits of Watermelon:
It is time to peep into the benefits of watermelon for a better understanding
- Relieves Muscle Soreness- One of the major watermelon juice benefits is that it gives relief to muscle soreness. Juicing about one third of the fresh fruit and drinking the juice before workout is extremely helpful.
- Improves Heart- The gorgeous red color and powerful antioxidants promote cardiovascular health. It improves blood flow and lowers the level of bad cholesterol making it good for your heart.
- Get Strong Bones- The oxidative stress is reduced promoting bone health. The presence of lycopene is one of the major watermelon health benefits. It can aid in the prevention and management of osteoporosis.
- Reduces Body Fat- Watermelon contains citrulline and the body converts it into arginine found in kidneys. This conversion prevents excess accumulation of fat in the cells.
- A Natural Diuretic- One of the major benefits of watermelon juice or the fruit itself is that it increases the flow of urine without creating any extra strain. It eases strain on kidneys and the body eliminates excess fluids.
- Reduces Inflammation- The phenolic compounds are helpful in reducing inflammation and can treat chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Boosts Immunity- You can get your daily dose of vitamin Cand reap the benefits of eating watermelon. This is one of the safest ingredients to improve immunity and your overall health.
- Reduces Mental Fog- Since watermelon is a good source of potassium, it helps the brain to function properly preventing the occurrence of mental fog.
- Prevents Asthma- The risks of developing asthma are lower in people that consume good amounts of vitamin C. Watermelon benefits for men include the prevention of asthma and other similar conditions.
- Hair Growth- The fruit is highly crucial for skin and hair. It contains Vitamin A that helps in the production of sebum. Hence, hair is moisturized and you can experience the great watermelon benefits for hair and skin. It even promotes the growth of bodily tissues in the skin and hair, as a whole.
Apart from eating the whole fruit and juice, you should also know the watermelon seeds benefits. The seeds can be blended for a refreshing treat because it contains amino acid and blood building chlorophyll.