Experience And Enjoy Papaya Health Benefit Like Never Before
Papaya is a soft-stemmed tree found in tropical America. The tree is cultivated for its yellow fruit, which can be either eaten raw or cooked or even taken as juice. Moreover, it can even be added in fruit salads or mixed with jalapeno and red onion for a new twist to the taste of salsa. Papaya is also known as melon tress and papaya health benefits are known all over the world. This tropical fruit is ranked as one of the most nutritious fruits by the Center of Science because of the health benefits of papaya.
The Nutritional Breakdown of Papaya:
Papaya juice contains papain, which is an enzyme and it is very similar to digestant and pepsin in action. Each serving contains high concentration of Vitamin C.
A cup contains 88.3 mg of vitamin. It also boosts the intake of potassium in the body because it supplies about 264 mg of potassium.
One cup serving also contains 397 mcg of beta carotene and 2651 mcg of lycopene. Thus, the health benefits of papaya fruit cannot be overlooked.
The Health Benefits of Papaya:
As mentioned, there are loads of benefits of papaya. These include:
- Lowers Cholesterol– The fruit is rich in fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C, which prevents the buildup of cholesterol in arteries. The extracts of the fruit are found to reduce the lipids and triglycerides. This is one of the major benefits of raw papaya.
- Boosts Immunity– A single papaya can fulfill more than 200% of the daily requirements of vitamin C through which a strong immune system is built.
- Helps in Diabetes– Even if it is sweet in nature, the major benefit of papaya is that it has low sugar content. As a result, these are excellent fruits for diabetics. The phytonutrients and vitamins present in the fruit prevent heart diseases in diabetic patients.
- Protection against Arthritis– Eating papayas are good for bones and they contain anti-inflammatory properties that keep various forms of arthritis at bay.
- Helps in Digestion– Lots of people struggle with digestion problems. Eating a papaya daily can improve the digestive health with its enzyme papain and fiber.
- Eases Menstrual Pain– Women who experience menstrual pain should take several servings of papaya because papain regulates the flow of menstrual blood.
- Beneficial for Eyes– Being rich in Vitamin A and flavonoids like zeaxanthin, beta carotene, lutein, it protects the mucus membranes and prevents them from damage. It also prevents the development of age related macular degeneration.
- Promotes Hair Growth– Benefits of eating papaya include healthy and smooth hair. Vitamin A ensures production of sebum. Even external applications of the extract can prevent dandruff and boosts hair growth.
- Reduces Stress– Being rich in several nutrients, a plate of papaya can certainly keep away stress and ensure freshness.
- Prevents Aging Signs– Eating papaya can prolong the aging process because of the presence of vitamins A, C and antioxidants.
Several benefits of papaya fruit can be utilized by consuming it raw or by cooking it or by consuming the juice.