The Benefits Of Onion Are Innumerable And Amazing
More or less everyone consumes onion. The pungent odor might keep away many people, but there are some amazing onion benefits that many people do not know. Onions can be consumed easily, and they are loaded with chemicals that act as disinfectant for many illnesses. Available in varieties, almost all varieties have plenty of benefits.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Onion:
There are some prominent vitamins, minerals and other nutrients found in the vegetable.
One large onion contains 11.1 mg of vitamin C, 0.2 mg of manganese, 0.2 mg of vitamin B6, 28.5 mg of folate, 219 mg of potassium and many other chemical constituents.
The two powerful antioxidants include sulfur and quercetin promote benefits of eating onion.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Onion:
There are some amazing benefits of onion that you need to know for improving the overall health.
- Promotes Oral Health- This might sound odd, but it is true that chewing raw onion can kill most germs in the mouth and prevent tooth decay. It can improve the strength of the teeth, as well.
- Detoxifying Property- Amino acids present in onion are great for removing heavy metals from the body. Apart from that, the presence of vitamin C adds to the detoxifying process. This is one of the major health benefits of onion that most people are not aware of.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health- Onions prevent the formation of blood clots, due to which blood can circulate smoothly. Without clogs and clots, heart attacks and heart diseases drop. Moreover, the sufur compounds can often improve the RBC and cell membrane functioning lowering cholesterol levels.
- Lowers Blood Sugar Level- Containing a compound called allyl propyl disulphide results in the drop of blood glucose levels and a rise in insulin levels. Moreover, white onion benefits include high percentage of chromium, which helps cells to respond to glucose.
- Helpful for Earache- Cook an onion or boil in water, place in a cloth and on the ear. In fact, the benefits of onion juice lie in relieving aches and dizziness.
- Relief for Sinus- If you have clogged nose or sinusitis problem, onions can loosen mucus and clear the nasal passage. Breathing becomes easier.
- Promotes Hair Growth- Onion benefits for hair include getting rid of lice, dandruffs and hair fall. In fact, the juice can be applied on the scalp for great results.
- Helps in Bee Bites- For bee bites and stings, chopped onion or onion juices can give immediate pain relief. This is again one of the major benefits of onions.
- Enhances Bone Density- Daily consumption of onion after menopause improves bone density in women. This reduces the chances of fractures and osteoporosis.
- Improves Digestion- Fiber present in onions promotes good digestion. The special type of soluble fiber contained in onion promotes good bacteria growth in the intestines. The onion health benefits cannot be overlooked
Onions can be used almost in all recipes and even can be consumed raw and used in salads. Onion juice benefits the hair, skin and overall health. Try eating and using this vegetable in different ways.