Get Knowledgeable On The Astounding Health Benefits Of Mustard Oil
As the name says it all, mustard oil is extracted from mustard seeds. With a pungent taste and dark yellow color, this particular substance is a major ingredient for some of the greatest culinary delights. Depending upon the extraction process, mustard oil can be of three different kinds. Firstly, there is the fatty vegetable mustard oil, which is the end-product of the mustard seed-pressing process. The second one is obtainable by seed grinding. And the third kind involves the infusion of other vegetable oils with mustard seed extracts. Other than utilizing it for cooking, using mustard oil for hair can also prove to be highly beneficial for your luscious locks.
If you check 100 grams of mustard oil, you will discover the presence of 884 calories. Other than that, 12 grams of saturated, 21 grams of polyunsaturated and 59 grams of monounsaturated fat make up its total fat content. Apart from that, the presence of essential vitamins such as Vitamin E and A also accounts for a major share of mustard oil benefits.
Knowing the benefits
For understanding the benefits of mustard oil better, there is a need of delving deep into the topic.
- Effective tan removal: Apart from the hair, mustard oil proves to be highly advantageous for your skin too. Using mustard oil for skin, especially during summers will help you combat tanning as well as fight dark spots. Prepare a mixture of mustard oil, gram flour, lemon juice and curd and apply it on the affected areas of the skin. It will be not long before you achieve perfectly glowing skin.
- Active sunshield: With vitamin E as its main constituent, mustard oil can perfectly act as the natural sunscreen for your skin. And this is one of the major uses of mustard oil.
- Treats skin irritations and rashes: The mustard oil benefits for skin also include its role in reducing skin inflammations. Moreover, its antifungal and antibacterial property largely contributes to eliminating skin irritations.
- Moisturizes chapped skin: Other than the benefits of mustard oil for skin mentioned above; this particular substance proves to be highly useful for softening chapped skin too.
- Get rid of grey hairs: Apart from utilizing it for skin issues, you can also use mustard oil for hair growth. Regular scalp massages with mustard oil darken hair thus stopping premature greying.
- Achieve hair growth: One of the major benefits of mustard oil for hair is its hair growth stimulating capacity. Thanks to the presence of beta-carotene for making it possible.
- An appetite enhancer: Because of essential polyunsaturated fatty acids like Omega-3, mustard oil is capable of increasing appetite. The stimulation of the gastric juices is one of the major health benefits of mustard oil.
- Powerful organ stimulator: Mustard oil massages result in increased blood circulation. Other than that, it also renders useful aid in stimulating the excretory, digestive and circulatory system of human body.
- Beneficial for the cardiovascular system: Essential components such as omega-6 and omega-3 perfectly balance the body’s cholesterol levels. By further enhancing HDL or good cholesterol, it eliminates the hazards of cardiovascular attacks.
- Treating cold and cough: Another major benefit of mustard oil is its active role in treating cold and cough.
With such mustard oil health benefits, it will be judicious to use this substance in day-to-day cooking and including it in the regular dietary regimen.