Know The Guava Health Benefits And Start Its Consumption
Guava is the queen of fruits. The fruit is native to central America and Mexico, and now they are grown throughout the tropics. When ripe, it is soft, sweet and fragrant containing large numbers of edible seeds. The guava health benefits are tremendous and more or less everyone can benefit from this fruit. The delicious fruit is available in few varieties, but the most common variety is greenish-yellow skin with whitish or pink insides.
Nutritional breakdown of Guava:
One of the main benefits of eating guava is the fact that it is a rich source of fiber that protects the colon and reduces the risks of colon cancer.
A single serving of the fruit offers 628% of Vitamin C, and the skin contains the highest concentration of vitamin C.
It also contains vitamin A necessary for building healthy mucus membranes. The other vitamins it contains include niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, copper and manganese.
Top Health Benefits of Guava:
Guava contains several benefits in different forms.
- Rich in Folate- Folate is a vitamin that helps in the production of DNA and RNA for red blood cells. The nutrient is highly important for pregnant women. People at risk of cardiovascular diseases can also take the fruit.
- Helps in Diarrhea and Dysentery- The benefits of guava leaves and root bark include cure for diarrhea and dysentery for containing tannic. It also helps in recovering the inflammation of mucosa in mouth and pharyngitis. The leaf can also be used as mouthwash and gurgling.
- Promotes Good Vision- It contains vitamin A that promotes good vision. It promotes healthy cells, skins and tissues in the body.
- Curbing Different Illnesses- The entire tree including the fruit, leaves, barks and its extracts are greatly helpful in curbing different illnesses like cancer, diabetes, heart problems and obesity.
- Maintaining Blood Pressure Levels- One of the health benefits of guava include blunting the effects of salt and sodium and balancing the blood pressure level. It also helps in transmitting nerve impulses for its potassium content.
- Boosts Immune Function- It is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that boosts the immune health and performance. It can even develop resistance against common diseases like cold, flu and cough.
- Anti-Aging Properties- The high content of antioxidant in the food delays the aging symptoms. In fact, it is the best benefit of guava to delay the aging process.
- Keeps Diabetes Under Control- Guavas consumed with skin reduces the absorption of sugar. The dietary fiber contained in it reduces the chance of type 2 diabetes and controls unhealthy weight gain.
- Skin Health- It controls the condition of skin with its high beta carotene content. Thus, the benefits of guava are huge.
- Promotes Digestion- Since it contains high fibers, it maintains good bowel movement by maintaining healthy digestive system.
The fruit can be sliced for a snack or it can be added to salads. A thick paste of the fruit can also be made into cheese. The benefits of guava juice are also well-known, and often it can be used in making tasty jelly. Hence, the fruit can be consumed in large numbers of ways to overcome different illnesses.