Add Beetroots To Your Diet For Availing Benefits Of Beetroot
How often do you add beetroot in your diet? The purplish red root comes with innumerable health benefits. The unique properties and characteristics promote the various beetroot benefits. In fact, the entire plant with its top greens can offer protection against coronary arterial diseases. The crimson red color is due to the presence of betalain pigments.
Nutritional Breakdown of Beetroot:
- The benefits of beetroot can be broken into several nutritional contents.
- It is low in calorie and contains no cholesterol.
- It is enriched with fibers, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- The root is also rich in phytochemical compound.
- Apart from that, these are also excellent sources of folates, vitamin C, B complex, flavonoids, carotenoids and vitamin.
- It also contains a moderate level of potassium.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Beetroot:
The health benefits of beetrootare mentioned in few points below.
- Lowers blood pressure- Beetroot juice benefits blood pressure and keeps it normal. In fact, drinking one glass of juice every week can lower the systolic blood pressure and this is because of the naturally occurring nitrates.
- Improves stamina- Beet juices are again helpful in improving the stamina. If you drink it before your workout, you can exercise longer. The oxygen cost of low intensity exercise is reduced by the nitrates.
- Anti-inflammatory in nature- Being a unique source of betaine, beetroot health benefits lie in protecting cells, enzymes and proteins from environmental stress. It can even fight inflammation and protect the internal organs preventing different chronic diseases.
- Supports detoxification- Thebetaline pigments support the detoxification process of the body. Toxins are broken down and excreted from the body. The benefits of beetroot juice also lie in purifying the blood and liver.
- Good for pregnancy- It has abundant supply of folic acid which is important for pregnant mothers and unborn babies. It also gives extra energy required during pregnancy.
- Treats anemia- One of the major health benefits of beets is that it contains lots of iron due to which it is highly effective in treating conditions like anemia.
- Diabetes under control- People suffering from diabetes can fulfill their sweet cravings by adding little beetroot in the diet. It helps in maintaining blood sugar levels and satiates the sugar cravings.
- Boosts sexual health- Beets are also known as natural Viagra and can help in boosting sexual health and stamina. The nitrates release nitric oxide to widen blood vessels and increase blood flow to the genitals. This is one of the health benefits of beetroot juice.
- Good skin- Antioxidants and phenolic compounds remove free radicals and prevent DNA and cell damage. This is one of benefits of beetroot for skin that it will protect your skin from premature aging.
- Promotes hair growth- Apart from skin, the beetroot benefits for hair cannot be overlooked. The minerals present prevent hair fall and boosts hair growth.
Raw beets can be used in salads or cooked as vegetables. The beetroot juice health benefits are also well known by now. They can even be applied externally on skin and hair for amazing results.