Find Out The Surprising Health Benefits Of Banana
The banana benefits make it one of the most widely consumed fruits across the world. The yellow fruit is punched with nutrition, and today they are grown over more than 100 countries in the world. Like many other fruits, bananas add a healthy addition to the diet and they are a good source of energy. Apart from that, the fruit is casually consumed for its taste, texture and feeling of fullness.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Banana:
One medium banana or one serving contains 30 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of protein.
They are free of cholesterol, fat and sodium.
It contains varieties of minerals and vitamins like vitamins C B6, iron, potassium, dietary fiber, magnesium, niacin and other to offer innumerable health benefits of banana.
It is also enriched with antioxidants that make it healthy in different ways.
Top Health Benefits of Banana:
Once you know the benefits of eating banana, you will look at the fruit with a different perspective.
- Controls Blood Pressure- Low sodium intake is the key to lowering blood pressure. Increasing potassium intake is equally helpful because it is associated with 20% decreased risks of dying. Banana can offer the necessary potassium for controlling blood pressure.
- Improves Heart Health- Apart from potassium, the presence of fiber, vitamin C and B6 support heart health and reduce the risks of cardiovascular diseases. Consequently, it also results in reduced risks of strokes and loss of muscle mass as part of the benefits of banana.
- Prevents Leukemia- In a recent study, it was suggested that consuming bananas in the initial years of life can reduce the risk of developing childhood leukemia. Since it is a good source of vitamin C, the fruit can easily combat formation of free radicals causing cancer.
- Treats Diarrhea- Banana is the best fruit recommended for diarrhea treatment. In fact, banana health benefits help in promoting balance and regularity by replenishing the level of potassium in the body.
- Boosts Moods and Reduces Depression- It contains tryptophan, which is an amino acid for preserving memory and boosting the mood. Apart from that, it also helps overcome depression.
- Feeling Energetic- Consuming just one banana anytime during the day makes you feel energetic. Moreover, another health benefit of banana is before a strenuous workout that can offer loads of energy and sustain the blood sugar level.
- Good for Skin and Hair- Applying mashes of banana can promote skin cells and hair growth. It is time to experience the benefits of banana for hair in getting shiny and healthy hair.
- Relieving Stomach Ulcers- The fruit can be consumed without distress to get relief from stomach ulcers because it coats the lines of the stomach against acids.
- Helps in Constipation- Rich in fiber, the benefits of banana shake can not only keep the stomach full, but also normalize the bowel movement.
- Reduce Swelling- Bananas reduce swelling and offers protection against type 2 diabetes. It also strengthens the nervous system, muscles and aids in weight loss.
Bananas can be eaten raw or in ripe form. It can be mixed in cereals or for making desserts and shakes. Mashed bananas can also be added to cookies and cakes. A benefit of banana is that it serves as a healthy and portable snack.