Boosting The Overall Health With Various Benefits Of Apple
There is an old saying, “an apple a day keeps doctors away” and everyone is familiar with it. Well, what are the benefits of apple that makes the fruit so special? It is one of the most cultivated and consumed fruits across the world and is praised as a miracle food.
Nutritional Breakdown of Apple:
Prior to knowing the apple fruit benefits, it is crucial to know the about the nutrition content.
It contains vitamin C, B complex, vitamins like riboflavin, vitamin B 6 and thiamin.
Moreover, it also contains dietary fiber and phytonutrients.
It is enriched with minerals like potassium, calcium and phosphorus. Apple with skin contains 52 kcal of energy, 0.26 protein, 6mg of calcium, 5 mg magnesium, 11 mg phosphorus, 107 mg of potassium among others.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Apple:
The apple benefits are recognized since time immemorial. These include:
- Improves Neurological Health- The fruit contains antioxidants that reduces cellular death caused by inflammation of neurons and oxidation. It protects the neuron cells against oxidative stress.
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol Levels- Eating apples everyday can reduce the chance of bad cholesterol by 23% and promotes 4% good cholesterol levels. This is one of the amazing green apple benefits.
- Prevents Diabetes- Apples are extremely helpful in lowering the risks of diabetes. Eating three servings of apple every week experience 7% lower risks of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Regulates Blood Sugar Level- Apples contain phytonutrients that regulates blood sugar and offer apple health benefits. It can even prevent spikes in blood sugar through several mechanisms.
- Boosts Cardiovascular Health- Regular intake of apple in different forms has shown to reduce the impact of heart diseases and blockages. The minerals found in the fruit can reduce strokes and other serious other conditions keeping things stable.
- Eliminates Asthma- People suffering from asthma or lung problems can surprisingly experience the health benefits of apple. The anti-oxidant content in the fruit make this fruit completely helpful in curing asthma.
- Eliminates Breast Cancer- An apple a day might prevent breast cancers because it provides more phenolics to the body. Moreover, the antioxidant also helps warding off other types of cancers.
- Controlling Age Related Health Problems- The preliminary apple juice benefits have also been established for different health problems of the old age. This includes Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration of the eye and other neurodegenerative problems.
- Controls the Appetite- Apples skins are good source of fiber, and even dieters should get good fiber. Fiber helps in controlling appetite and keeps you filled for a long time.
- Improves Brain Health- The apple juice health benefits are often associated with improved brain functioning and concentration levels. It also eliminates the chances of different neurological and brain disorders.
The delicious and crunchy fruit can be taken either as whole or sliced. It can be eaten single or can be mixed in salads and dishes. The health benefits of apple juice are also recognized in the recent years for overcoming different illnesses and it can be a healthy drink alternative.